Sunday, August 30, 2009

Day 2: Winchester to Wytheville, Virginia

I was thrilled to be traveling in the mountains today. The wether was perfect for it. I had never traveled I-81 north of Roanoke, and the panoramic mountain view is terrific. There are not many places I've traveled where you can see mountains on either side and ahead of you.

I looked in vain for the home of a friend of my daughter to have lunch with her, but she lives far back in the country and I ran out of cell phone signal before we connected. It was fun to run those backroads though. I am still in love with my new car, a 2009 Hyundai Elantra Touring.

Here are some videos of the trip in general today:



OK, I promise not to take any more videos in the car at 80 mph. But it was fun:



And, all you need is highway, truck stop, mountains, hotel:

No comments:

Post a Comment